The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of visiting, tourist-ing, and sharing my city with all the people I love.
My mom, my sister, and my nearest and dearest Aunt came up to Chicago for a weekend full of fun and surprises. Going on vacation is one of my most favorite past times and getting to share my city with them felt like just that. The weekend was full of so many things that I just want to put here so I never forget:
- A lake shore cruise that mom fell asleep on
- Several Charcuterie boards
- Seeing Hamilton
- Not eating breakfast until 11
- A trip to Navy Pier
- Shopping on State Street – including Macy’s
- Very, very strong Saki with delicious but spicy Chinese food
- A tiki bar with a drink the size of my head
- “Just 3 more blocks”
- Taking the red line to Restoration Hardware
- A lovely dinner at Maple + Ash that was full of firsts for me: Chicken liver mousse, crab, lobster, clam, mussels, and oysters
- A Clio Spanish Wine
- Lots of Pictures
We never made it to the bean but it was a weekend full of fun and love. Let’s do it again soon ladies!