WOW! It’s been so long since I got out there in the 20 degree weather just to share an OOTD! Actually, I’ve never done that, until now…Well honestly for this picture it was probably more like 40 degrees but who cares! I got new boots for Christmas AND a new necklace a few weeks ago so I felt like I needed to get out there and show you what I’m made of. The boots are from River Island, in case you feel the need to drop some money – they have fabulous things!
Anyway, I just needed to check in and say hi. Hi!
Some things I’ve been up to:
- Meal planning & working out – I completed a 30 day workout in January with no sweets, no alcohol, and we only ate out 6 times in 31 days. BOOM.
- Marching – I participated in the Chicago Women’s march to stand up for what I believe in: women, squashing patriarchy, racism, hatred, ya know….things that make sense.
- Listening to the shit out of Hamilton – we go see Hamilton live on the big stage on Friday and I may or may not have read a 400 page book about it.
- Reading – I finished 5 books this month, one of which, was mentioned above.
- Working – Nonstop.
- Planning – 1 vacation, 2 work trips for me, 1 conference for Big A, and upcoming holidays in 10 months.
So that’s pretty much it. I know, I know, I’ve been posting a lot of photos lately with not a lot of words. But don’t worry, I’m alright. I’m getting ready to celebrate Big A’s birthday, see Hamilton, watch the Superbowl (go Falcons!) and go on a work trip. See you in 7 days – but before I go, something to keep in mind in your daily actions and thoughts on the world these days:
“We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are.”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix