We didn’t have much on the agenda for the weekend, but Friday we did have one plan of action: the State Fair of Texas. Now, I don’t really have a lot to say about the fair-I was pretty speechless for the most part-but I do have a few things I wanted to jot down:
- Big Tex might be scariest thing I’ve ever seen in person. A giant talking, moving, Texan in pair of Dickey’s jeans that would stretch from Dallas to Arlington.
- The fried smore may be the best dessert I’ve ever had – besides coconut cream pie (nothing beats coconut!)
- The fair was nothing short of a true Texas tradition: huge and expensive.
- The food itself is/was without a doubt, the best part.
- I had fun and walked until my feet hurt.
- People watching.
- More importantly, my best friend and my boyfriend made the experience fun!
It was a great time and now it’s off my bucket list. We rode the train back to Big A’s apartment and I remember thinking, “I’m (almost like) a real Texan now.”
|(my favorite thing: fried smores / least favorite thing: Big Tex)|